Born in San Francisco in 1875, painter, etcher and illustrator Gordon Grant studied art at the Heatherly and Lambeth Schools of Art in London. Following his return to the United States in 1895, Grant became a staff artist for newspapers, such as the San Francisco Examiner, New York World and Harper’s Weekly. In 1906 Grant’s painting of the USS Constitution was hung in the White House in Washington, DC. Grant was a member of the American Federation of Art, Salmagundi Club, Washington Watercolor Club, Society of Illustrators and the Society of American Etchers. The artist exhibited his works at the Salmagundi Club, Art Institute of Chicago, Pasadena Art Institute, National Academy of Design, California Society of Etchers and Library of Congress. Grant’s works are held in museums and public collections worldwide, including the Corcoran Gallery, Library of Congress, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Whitney Museum, White House, New Britain Museum of Art, New York Public Library and Joslyn Art Museum.